• City: NYC
• Date: Saturday, April 12
• Time: 10-5
• Location: Aloft Studios, 307 W 38th St., Suite 1905. New York, NY 10018
• Class size: 15
• Cost: $300.
• Camp tuition includes lunch, snacks, and goodie bag.
AB Chao Design Camp: Mini Edition is a one-day design workshop with decorator + stylist AB Chao. At this jam-packed, super-fun camp, you'll learn everything from interior design basics to magazine-worthy styling; how to apply what you've learned to your own space; and how design can change your life. There will also be good snacks.
• Basic principles of design
• How to create inspiration boards + layouts
• What it takes to become an extreme DIY-er
• Simplifying your life: how to choose paint, wall coverings, lighting, window treatments, furniture, art
• How to use and re-purpose existing items
• Decorating on a budget
• Decorator secrets: making it look easy
• Traditional room layouts (and why they're important)
• How to define your personal style
• When and where to bend the rules
• Putting it all together
• Tricks of the trade: how stylists do it
• How to shoot interiors
What to bring:
• Pen and paper
• A camera (can be a phone!)
• Cancellations are non-refundable unless you can find someone to fill your spot.
• Travel and accommodations not included.
For more info:
• Please consult the FAQ. Yay!